I hope everyone had an awesome holiday full of fun, love, family, friends, laughter… and mostly coffee.
The Starbucks I work at was open for the very first time this Christmas, and I volunteered to open the store. To my surprise and delight- after many long hours and busy weeks – we were blessed with a smooth sailing, steady-but-slow morning. Everyone was in high spirits and customers were simply delighted that we were open on the holiday and shared in the Christmas cheer. It was one of those this-is-why-I-do-this shifts that make my heart just swell.
Now that Christmas is over and done with (I’m not sorry to see the Christmas music go… bah-humbug whatever), we’re rapidly approaching the New Year. As you may or may not have noticed, your local Starbucks has probably started selling their whole bean in the new packaging. This is all leading up to the launch of Starbucks’ new lighter roasted coffee- The Blonde Roast on January 10th, 2012.
While it seems to me with the package change and the target at the new “Dark”, “Medium” and “Blonde” Roast profiles will likely steer the customer away from the “Geography is Flavor” motto (I am a fan of African coffees for their bright, fruity flavors), the introduction of the Blonde Roast is sure capture the hearts of the light roasted coffee consumers and open up an entire new market for people seeking a more mild cup of java at their local Starbucks.
The new Blonde Roast will have two new coffees under the category:
- Willow Blend
- a blend of Latin American/ African beans
- also available in Decaf
- a blend of Latin American beans
- also available in Starbucks VIA Ready Brew
I had a chance to try the Veranda Blend at a store Holiday meeting back in November. From what I can recall, the coffee had a sweet taste to it and was easily drinkable without cream or sugar. I am most excited about the Willow Blend though, as I am a fan of both Latin American and African Coffees (Starbucks Kenya and Casi Cielo being my two favorite whole bean coffee offerings) and it has such potential of being a fantastic iced coffee.
Speaking of Casi Cielo- don’t forget in all of the hullabaloo over Blonde Roast that this exquisite seasonal whole bean offering hits shelves around the same time the new coffees launch. Looks like 2012 will have several reasons to register that Starbucks gift card your got in your stocking and stock up on some delicious coffee!
Leave a comment
- Bang Baby Bang Custom design your own t-shirts, or order the many pre-made designs!
- Five Awesome Baristas (FAB) “We are a group of friends coming together to spread coffee love. We are here to have daily inspiration for everyone subscribing and for ourselves. “
- High Five Friday Every day deserves a High Five, but especially Fridays! I’ve been an active “High Five Friday”-er since December 2001 and in April 2011, I found out I wasn’t alone- there’s an entire website devoted to it! Come join in the fun and “Digitize Your Digits”!
- My Starbucks Ideas A place where you, the customer, can give Starbucks suggestions on what you’d like them to offer!
- Ridglea Theater Fort Worth, TX based music venue located in the same parking lot I work in. My third home.
- Scrumdillydilly Follow the a-go-gos as they create nifty little crafts, cute DIY guides and more!
- Starbucks Coffee Starbucks. C’mon!
- Starbucks Melody “An unofficial fan site, for any and all Starbucks enthusiast everywhere!”